[Mailman-Users] Reply filter

Malcolm Austen malcolm.austen at weald.org.uk
Wed Sep 28 11:06:38 CEST 2011

On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 17:10:34 +0100, Richard Damon
<Richard at damon-family.org> wrote:

> I run a large community based mailing list using mailman (version 2.1.9,
> I know a bit old, but that is what the hosting service provides) and I
> have a couple of users that while normally ok, at times get into
> arguments with each other on the list. A thought came up, would it be
> possible to configure the list so that if one of these persons replies
> to a message from another, the message gets held for review. The people
> are a bit lazy, so when they do the reply all (list is setup so reply
> goes to sender, reply all goes to list and send) the other persons email
> shows up a To: or Cc:

Mark's solution is, of course, more technically elegant than what I'm abut
to suggest but I wonder if, trying to think sideways a little, you could
catch the majority of the messages you wish to moderate by one or both of:
  - set 'max_num_recipients' to 2 so anything with a Cc is caught
  - set a spam trap for anything that already has [subject-prefix] in the
subject line.

= Malcolm.