[Mailman-Users] mailman-to-postfix.py Illegal Invocation errorswhen i put the correct transport

Paul Weinx paulweinx at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 14 19:00:41 CEST 2011

Hi, Mark, first of all thank you very much for your kind response.

It's amazing, the error i posted you was due to a fault # in a line in the
file uncommented mm_cfg.py..

Now I find another error when i post to a list, doesn't matter if to
mailman at lists.domain.com or  mailman at domain.com, and I dare not change
permissions without your advice:

Sep 14 18:38:43 ws Mailman mail-wrapper: Group mismatch error.  Mailman
expected the mail#012wrapper script to be executed as group "daemon",
but#012the system's mail server executed the mail script as#012group
"mailman".  Try tweaking the mail server to run the#012script as group
"daemon", or re-run configure, #012providing the command line option
`--with-mail-gid=mailman'.
Sep 14 18:38:43 ws postfix/pipe[29466]: E3CB03029A1:
to=<mailman at lists.domain.com>, relay=mailman, delay=0.54,
delays=0.49/0/0/0.04, dsn=5.3.0, status=bounced (Command died with status 2:
"/usr/lib/mailman/bin/postfix-to-mailman.py". Command output: Group mismatch
error.  Mailman expected the mail wrapper script to be executed as group
"daemon", but the system's mail server executed the mail script as group
"mailman".  Try tweaking the mail server to run the script as group
"daemon", or re-run configure,  providing the command line option
`--with-mail-gid=mailman'. )

What can i do? It sounds me not as easy as execute a simple chown... I also
don't understand what's postfix-to-mailman.py pretending to do, if i don't
want this script be executed, i want a pure integration.

What will certainly get my attention, is that even though I came out I
posted that bug you, simply by mydestinations = $ mydomain, the list worked
perfectly! (sending to mailman at domain.com, what i want, cause i don't want
to need to include the lists preffix). But with the exception that virtual
users will not receive mail due to error "do not specify domain.com in BOTH
mydestination and virtual_mailbox_domain" but I can not afford it because
virtual users should be able to continue sending and receiving.

Thank you very much and i hope you can help me with the "daemon" group
issue.