[Mailman-Users] mailman-to-postfix.py Illegal Invocation errors when i put the correct transport

Paul Weinx paulweinx at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 14 13:58:46 CEST 2011

Hi friends.
I have a Postfix to handle virtual domains and users, and it works
perfectly. I have Mailman installed and removed about 30 times, trying
different configurations, but I'm desperate, because I only work in a way
that I describe below.

Suppose my domain is domain.com, and I want to use lists.domain.com
exclusively for lists (If it does not work even with mailman at domain.com, I
do not even want to imagine what I must do to domain2.com, domain3.com,
etc). All dns are pointing to my server Ubuntu perfectly.

When i put in the / etc / mailman / transport file:
lists.domain.com mailman:
and try to send an email to mailman at domain.com, the mail.log drop me the
next error:

Sep 14 11:59:46 ws postfix / pipe [20487]: DB5333017C4: to =
<mailman at lists.domain.com>, <mailman at domain.com> orig_to =, relay = mailman,
delay = 0.5, delays = 0.49 / 0/0/0.01, dsn = 5.3.0, status = bounced
(command line usage error. Command output: Illegal invocation: '/ usr / lib
/ mailman / bin / postfix-to-mailman.py lists.domain.com mailman argv = /
usr / bin / spamc-f-e / usr / sbin / sendmail-oi-f paulweinx at hotmail.com -
mailman at lists.domain.com 'Did you forget to September
mailman_destination_recipient_limit = 1 in main.cf ?)

No matter if i place in mm_cfg.py: MTA = 'Postfix' or MTA = 'None', or if
the file main.cf mydestination postfix leave empty, or put mydestination =
lists.domain.com, relay_domains or thousands of combinations I could think.

The only way that mailman knows that I am sending an email (and if you do it
from localhost moderation remains pending, although this is less important
to me) is putting in the transport file, the following:
domain.com mailman:

But in this way, every time I send an email to some virtual mailbox, try
looking in the name of any list, and therefore ceases to function incoming
mail!!

Please, I need your help. When I was a dedicated server and Virtuozzo Plesk,
with just 2 clicks and I was so dominos email for all Mailman for lists as I
wanted, but this server do not have any "magic" tools.

Thanks