[Mailman-Users] postfix+mailman - User unknown invirtualmailboxtable

J. Bakshi joydeep at infoservices.in
Fri Sep 2 17:39:40 CEST 2011

On Fri, 2 Sep 2011 08:20:31 -0700
Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:

<snip>

> >Again many many thanks for your cool clarification. I have executed now
> >
> >/usr/lib/mailman/bin/genaliases and now I have
> >
> >-rw-rw---- 1 root mailman 1762 Sep  2 16:57 /var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman
> >
> >hope the ownership is not an issue.
</snip>

> This is OK, but it is not needed and shouldn't be referenced because
> the list domain is now local (in mydestination). You can/should remove
> the POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS entry from mm_cfg.py and the
> /var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman* files. These should not be
> referenced in main.cf.

I like to know here, how can I still continue without using mydestination.
So that minimum tweaking the main.cf to run mailman. I missed the
/var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman before.

> >regarding /var/lib/mailman/data/aliases.db permission issue; it is already set to mailman
> >
> >-rw-rw-r-- 1 mailman mailman 12288 Sep  2 16:57 /var/lib/mailman/data/aliases.db
> >
> >Still group 65533 which is nobody group is called !!!
>

> Then I suspect you have Mailman list aliases in some other file owned
> by root such as /etc/aliases. You need to remove any list aliases from
> all files except /var/lib/mailman/data/aliases*

I have already cleaned /etc/aliase to removed all the entries, I pasted
there before. Now only /var/lib/mailman/data/aliases has the entries.
Surely I can change the gid to 65533 and run the mailman; even I have already
done that to check the functionality, but it is not a good practice as security
issue is there. And this gid is the only and only one hitch to make it functional.