[Mailman-Users] postfix+mailman - User unknown invirtualmailboxtable

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Sep 2 17:20:31 CEST 2011

J. Bakshi wrote:

>On Fri, 2 Sep 2011 07:46:20 -0700
>Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:
>
>> J. Bakshi wrote:
>>
>> >Now after restarting postfix I can send mail without any error. Though don't know
>> >how logiacl is to add the domain at mydestination. The mm_cfg.py is untouched
>>

>> It's fine to have the list domain in mydestination. It simplifies
>> things and the only reason not to is if it is a virtual domain for
>> non-Mailman reasons.
[...]
>Again many many thanks for your cool clarification. I have executed now
>
>/usr/lib/mailman/bin/genaliases and now I have
>
>-rw-rw---- 1 root mailman 1762 Sep  2 16:57 /var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman
>
>hope the ownership is not an issue.

This is OK, but it is not needed and shouldn't be referenced because
the list domain is now local (in mydestination). You can/should remove
the POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS entry from mm_cfg.py and the
/var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman* files. These should not be
referenced in main.cf.

>regarding /var/lib/mailman/data/aliases.db permission issue; it is already set to mailman
>
>-rw-rw-r-- 1 mailman mailman 12288 Sep  2 16:57 /var/lib/mailman/data/aliases.db
>
>Still group 65533 which is nobody group is called !!!

Then I suspect you have Mailman list aliases in some other file owned
by root such as /etc/aliases. You need to remove any list aliases from
all files except /var/lib/mailman/data/aliases*