[Mailman-Users] Include archive URL for the current email (in the footer)?

Sebastian Kayser sebastian at skayser.de
Mon Oct 17 11:31:22 CEST 2011

Hi,

this question has been asked before [1]. Mailman can include various
list URLs in the footer [2], can it also include a link to the exact
archive URL for the current email?

Judging by the wishlist, this feature doesn't yet exist [3]. In absence
thereof, what do you guys do to determine the archive URL for an email?

Background: I often find myself referring people to our Mailman archives
when there were previous emails on the topic in question. My current
workflow looks like this:

1) Find email in $MUA (mutt in my case) where search is powerful
   and close to second nature.
2) Use google to find the relevant archive URL (site:$archive "$topic").

The second step feels disconnected and would be redundant if the mail
itself had a link to the archived message.

Sebastian

P.S.: Only found out about the wishlist after re-reading [1]. Would be a
good candidate to be included in the mailman-users intro text [4] (next
to FAQ and searchable archives).

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users@python.org/msg12190.html
[2] http://www.gnu.org/s/mailman/mailman-admin/node18.html
[3] http://www.gnu.org/s/mailman/todo.html (API between MM and archiver)