[Mailman-Users] Merging List Administrator with List membership

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Oct 13 18:24:23 CEST 2011

Syafril Hermansyah wrote:

>On 10/13/2011 04:24 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
>
>> I don't think it's possible with the current version of
>> bin/show_qfiles, but it shouldn't be too hard to improve that script
>> to gather information from lists/*/pending.pck and sort them by time,
>> oldest first.  Then you know which lists haven't been moderated for
>> quite a long time, and need attention.  Then run that cron job daily
>> (I would think that's enough for the kind of list you describe).
>>
>> I'm sorry I don't have the time to do it, though.  Maybe somebody
>> already has such a script?
>
>I don't have programming knowledge, so I can not do that myself :-(
>Anyhow, thanks for your attention

There is a script to list the pending requests for a list at
<http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/list_pending>. This could be run via a
shell script like

#!/bin/sh
cd /path/to/mailman
for list in `bin/list_lists --bare`; do
  echo $list
  bin/list_pending [desired options] $list
done

Or if desired, you could collect the output in a file and sort or
otherwise manipulate it.

There is also the Mailman daily status report script (mmdsr) in the
contrib directory of the Mailman distribution.

Finally, there is the daily summary of pending requests (produced by
cron/checkdbs) that Mailman already produces for each list and mails
to the admins and moderators.