[Mailman-Users] Merging List Administrator with List membership

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Thu Oct 13 11:24:04 CEST 2011

Syafril Hermansyah writes:

 > So I speak for them, who has a little knowledge of IT but willing to run
 > mailing list.

Well, if they have little knowledge of IT, then you should do the
workflow analysis for them.  It's not a good idea to just do what
users request, because they don't know what the capabilities are.

 > The need of notification for me it just make sure the real list-owner
 > already did the job after enough learning curve so I can leave it them
 > alone someday.

That's a different matter.  If the only person who really needs the
service is you, then I would think you would prefer a periodic summary
of all lists.  I don't think it's possible with the current version of
bin/show_qfiles, but it shouldn't be too hard to improve that script
to gather information from lists/*/pending.pck and sort them by time,
oldest first.  Then you know which lists haven't been moderated for
quite a long time, and need attention.  Then run that cron job daily
(I would think that's enough for the kind of list you describe).

I'm sorry I don't have the time to do it, though.  Maybe somebody
already has such a script?