[Mailman-Users] Invisible message for approval [SOLVED]

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Oct 11 21:18:31 CEST 2011

Narcis Garcia - GiLUG wrote:

>The matter I don't know how to solve is to have a mirror (available for
>production) but not sending mails while doesn't become the production one.
>(Server can know if it's main or mirror with a DNS query: ListServer IP
>=? My IP)

Presumably, you are not actually running Mailman on the mirror. The nn
held messages waiting notices com from a Mailman cron job.  You have
several choices.

1) Don't mirror Mailman's crontab.

2) Don't run crond on the mirror server (probably the best option).

3) Update the mirror frequently enough so that changes on the
production server are reflected on the mirror before Mailman's crons
run (this won't avoid duplicate notices when there are held messages
on the production server).

4) modify Mailman's crontab to only run the jobs on the production
server.