[Mailman-Users] Merging List Administrator with List membership

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Oct 11 03:30:35 CEST 2011

Syafril Hermansyah wrote:

>Some of list-name on my list server having more than one
>List-administrator (List-owner)/List-moderators.
>
>The problems are when one of List-owner/list-moderators approve held
>message, adding/removing members, change list-administrator page
>password there is no notification to others list-administrators.
>
>They are already common with my old list (listar aka ecartis) which the
>list administrator merging with list member (just have different menu).
>So some list administrator do easy going to change
>list-administrator/list-moderators password without notify others [1]
>
>How can I merge list adminitrator page with list member page on mailman?

I'm not sure what you mean. For Mailman 2.1.x, see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/5YA9> for a description of the various roles.

>[1] I don't know why if one list-administrator change the password there
>is no notification to others list-administrator, is the default install
>doing like that?

Mailman was developed in a more collegial world <wink>.

The situation will change in Mailman 3 to one which is more like I
think you want. In MM 3 each person has a login and within that login
user/password can have multiple e-mail addresses and a set of roles
such as

administrator of list1
moderator of list2
member of list1, list3 and list4.

This capability and the implied separation of passwords for multiple
admins does not and will not exist in Mailman 2.1.x.