[Mailman-Users] Customizing Monthly Reminder

Tue Oct 4 17:30:36 CEST 2011

On 10/4/11 11:04 AM, Dennis Putnam wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. The information that I want to add to the monthly
> reminder is specific to the members of one particular list. While I
> guess it does not hurt to send it to all lists if I word it correctly,
> it would be nice to have list specific reminders. Is there a relatively
> simple way around this or is it hard coded? Perhaps this could be added
> as a feature for a future release.

I think the issue is that while their are per list options for a
subscriber, the password is a global setting for that email address, so
the reminder is by nature not list specific. If you have multiple list
subscriptions on one server, you get only a single reminder message
listing all the lists you are subscribed with. Which lists reminder
should it use?

I suppose the generic reminder might be able to mark a spot for list
specific insertions, and each list having (optional) text to add in there.