[Mailman-Users] Text for moderated non-member message reject

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Nov 22 21:11:34 CET 2011

Jack G F Hill wrote:

>I searched and looked, but am unable to find where the text for the
>message that is sent to a rejected moderation from a non-member
>("Non-members are not allowed to post messages to this list") is stored
>so I can change it to something a tad less cryptic.

The default reason for a message that is held and then rejected by a
moderator, i.e. "Non-members are not allowed to post messages to this
list.", is hard coded in Mailman/Handlers/Hold.py and can only be
changed by editing that module.

However, if set the list's Privacy options... -> Sender filters ->
generic_nonmember_action to Reject in order to automatically reject
non-member posts, the default message is "You are not allowed to post
to this mailing list, and your message has been automatically
rejected.  If you think that your messages are being rejected in
error, contact the mailing list owner at ...",  and you can provide
your own message at Privacy options... -> Sender filters ->
nonmember_rejection_notice.