[Mailman-Users] Text for moderated non-member message reject

Jack G F Hill listown at nanniandjack.com
Tue Nov 22 18:00:31 CET 2011

I searched and looked, but am unable to find where the text for the
message that is sent to a rejected moderation from a non-member
("Non-members are not allowed to post messages to this list") is stored
so I can change it to something a tad less cryptic.

Situation:
Members of our list are also members of other, somewhat
topically-related, lists and sometimes cc those other lists. When a
member of the "other" list replies, it is held by our list since that
individual is NOT a member of our list. I can easily recognize when this
occurs, but the default reject message is a bit harsh for our purposes,
which are to be somewhat inclusive rather than walled off...

Something like "You must be a member of the xyz_group to post messages
to the list" (which is what I have manually inserted in place of the
default message), if I could but find when the terse message is stored.
--
Jack Hill, W4KH - BoatAnchors Listowner/Archiver
listown at nanniandjack.com
"Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose"
"Il n'y a que les idiots qui ne changent jamais d'idee"