[Mailman-Users] Pegasus Mail does not show message except as an attachment

Anne Wainwright anotheranne at fables.co.za
Thu Nov 17 17:26:47 CET 2011

Hello, Dennis,

On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 16:07:59 -0800 (PST)
Dennis Carr <dennisthetiger at chez-vrolet.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Nov 2011, Anne Wainwright wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > This occurs on one list that I administer. In fuller detail we have two
> > issues.
> >
> > Members want to send .doc file attachments, (and html emails too) and
> > of course have them arrive. If I have content filtering on & which
> > allows .doc file attachments then members using Pegasus Mail complain
> > that the message does not show up on page 1 as it were and has to be
> > found among the tree of attachments. Under different content filtering
> > Pegasus Mail users can be satisfied to see the message on page 1 as
> > it were, but the .doc attachments are no longer there for any one to
> > see.
> >
> Just one question, does the message consist entirely of the aforementioned content?
The message is separate from the .doc file and is explanatory in nature
relating to, say, a complex legal .doc file with annotations.

As you will see from my reply to Mark I am hopeful that removing header
and footer text has resolved the issue. The header was shown as the
message and the message as an attachment. So fingers crossed.

> Also, note that I've seen Sylpheed basically choke on a message if the message was HTML only with no straight text as well - normally this happens in attachment view.  I haven't used Pmail in years, so I don't remember if the layout is anything similar.
I also have Claws lockups but never found out why. Most unladylike as
even the Force Quit button is rendered nonop. PMail is way ahead of
Sylpheed or its more popular cousin Claws in terms of features. With a
floating window structure I would not say it resembled either. It is my
own favourite on Win for handling heavy mail loads, but then I am only
just looking at mutt and never have seen alpine! More like Mark's
Popcorn from a look at his screenshot.

thanks
Anne