[Mailman-Users] Pegasus Mail does not show message except as an attachment

Dennis Carr dennisthetiger at chez-vrolet.net
Thu Nov 17 01:07:59 CET 2011

On Wed, 16 Nov 2011, Anne Wainwright wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This occurs on one list that I administer. In fuller detail we have two
> issues.
>
> Members want to send .doc file attachments, (and html emails too) and
> of course have them arrive. If I have content filtering on & which
> allows .doc file attachments then members using Pegasus Mail complain
> that the message does not show up on page 1 as it were and has to be
> found among the tree of attachments. Under different content filtering
> Pegasus Mail users can be satisfied to see the message on page 1 as
> it were, but the .doc attachments are no longer there for any one to
> see.

Just one question, does the message consist entirely of the aforementioned
content?

Also, note that I've seen Sylpheed basically choke on a message if the
message was HTML only with no straight text as well - normally this
happens in attachment view.  I haven't used Pmail in years, so I don't
remember if the layout is anything similar.

-Dennis