[Mailman-Users] problem sending multiple listserv commands via email

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Nov 1 20:29:42 CET 2011

Christine Cubillo wrote:

>Thanks for responding.  Sorry, I pasted the usage message from one of
>my unsubscribe tests.  Here are the results I get when i attempt to
>subscribe multiple email addresses.  The first subscribe command is
>always processed and the remaining subscribe commands are left
>unprocessed.  Is there a way I can get all commands in my email to be
>processed?

You can include multiple commands in one email, but the first command
which is unrecognized, fails or results in an error terminates
processing.

In the case below, the first command attempted to subscribe an address
which is already a member so it failed and the remaining commands were
unprocessed.

All commands will be processed if and only if they are all valid and
all succeed.