[Mailman-Users] Minor addition to Mailman/Cgi/options.py

C Nulk CNulk at scu.edu
Tue May 3 16:46:47 CEST 2011

Malcolm,

Thanks for your input and your examples.

My users don't normally have a problem with the listinfo page.  They
either put in their email address or don't.  If they don't, the Options
login page does ask for it.  Likewise, if they get to the User Options
page where they can change their options, there is no problem.

The problem occurs on the Options login page.   When the users see the
password field on that page, they completely forget about reading any
other part of the page.  They just plow ahead and become frustrated
(their own fault for not reading) and then I get email about
unsubscribing.  I did a capture of the page and a bit of obscuring of
the Options login page (with my addition).

  <URL:http://it.scu.edu/images/options.png>

Hopefully, that little addition will help my users (the ones that don't
read before acting).  If it helps others who face the same problem, great.

Malcolm, I have also done some separation of tasks which does help.  I
split the Unsubscribe and Edit options from one section into two
different sections.  It was another confusing aspect for the users
trying to unsubscribe.  Now, I tell them and my documentation says to
look for the Unsubscribe section, put your password in the field
provided, and click the unsubscribe button.  The next page was the one
tripping them up.

Thanks for the input,
Chris