[Mailman-Users] modify newlist created email?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Mar 21 19:37:06 CET 2011

Paul Morrison wrote:

>Does anyone know how to modify the contents of the email message that is sent to the list owner when a list is initially created in Mailman?

[...]
>I'd like to modify this e-mail to include a custom URL and subject...

The body of the mail is built from the newlist.txt template. See the
FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/jYA9> for information on modifying
templates.

The subject of the email is hard coded in the module that sends the
email, either bin/newlist for command line create or
Mailman/Cgi/create.py for web create.