[Mailman-Users] help for sibling list/avoid duplicate emails

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Mar 11 19:26:17 CET 2011

Marcello Villani wrote:

>Hi,
>I have the following lists in my environment:
>listA at mydomain.org
>listB at mydomain.org
>listC at mydomain.org
>
>Some members are inside two or three lists.
>
>My goal is to avoid duplicate emails for people who belong to more
>than one list!!

Don't cross post <wink>.

>I installed mailman 2.1.13: as far as I know this version has "sibling
>lists" option. The problem is that I didn't find a proper instruction
>to configure them neither the commands to use them...
>
>In the "web administrative pages/non digest options" of mailman I
>found  two commands:
>regular_exclude_lists
>regular_include_lists
>
>Do I need to use them?
>Can someone help me in this configuration?

Put listB at mydomain.org and listC at mydomain.org in listA's
regular_exclude_lists and listC at mydomain.org listB's
regular_exclude_lists.

A post to all three lists will be sent to members of listC only from
listC, to members of listB who aren't members of listC only from listB
and to members of only listA from listA.

Posts to just two of the three lists work similarly.