[Mailman-Users] Monthly mailing of password hints

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jul 7 08:15:34 CEST 2011

On 7/6/2011 10:53 AM, Jack G F Hill wrote:
> We encountered a situation that felt like an error, but probably is not...
>
> User is set to NoMail while he moves from one place (and one ISP) to
> another... no current (working) email address...
>
> The system continues to try sending password reminders, which bounce and
> cause the hosting owner to be concerned about mail errors...
>
> Ought mailman (2.1.14) continue sending out password reminders to a
> "NoMail" subscriber?

Yes. "NoMail" only controls delivery of list messages/digests, not
password reminders.

> Is there a setting I can get to to stop the reminders until he returns?
> I couldn't find it if such a switch exists for list admins...

In the Membership Management... -> Membership List pages, click this
members email address which will take you to the user's options page
where you can change the "Get password reminder email for this list?"
setting to No.