[Mailman-Users] TypeError: list objects are unhashable

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Thu Jan 20 00:31:24 CET 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 01:43:09PM -0800, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Joshua J. Kugler wrote:
> Yes, my bad. So, back to the original issue.
>
> I suspect this error occurs because somehow this list's language has
> been set to a list of languages rather than a single language.
>
> If you view the source of the list's listinfo page, you should see near
> the end something like
>
> 	<FORM Method=POST ACTION="../options/LISTNAME">
> 	To unsubscribe from LISTNAME, get a password reminder,
>         or change your subscription options enter your subscription
>         email address:
> >  <INPUT name="UserOptions" type="SUBMIT" value="Unsubscribe or edit
> options" ><INPUT name="language" type="HIDDEN" value="en" ></center>
> If you leave the field blank, you will be prompted for
>         your email address
> 		</FORM>
>
> What is the value in the <INPUT name="language" type="HIDDEN" value= >
> element?

Ah, that gave me the clue to find it ....

The form at the bottom of the page had become 2 overlapping forms,
so looking at (near the bottom):

	/listinfo.html

I saw:

      <TD COLSPAN="2" WIDTH="100%">
	<MM-Options-Form-Start>
	<MM-Editing-Options>
	<MM-Roster-Form-Start>
	<MM-Roster-Option>
	<MM-Form-End>
	<MM-Form-End>

Once I fixed it to:

      <TD COLSPAN="2" WIDTH="100%">
	<MM-Options-Form-Start>
	<MM-Editing-Options>
	<MM-Form-End>
	<MM-Roster-Form-Start>
	<MM-Roster-Option>
	<MM-Form-End>

It all worked.

So the problem was that there were 2 elements called 'language' in the form.
Many thanks for the clue.

Regards

--
Alain Williams