[Mailman-Users] Missing password reminders

Larry Stone lstone19 at stonejongleux.com
Wed Jan 12 17:13:22 CET 2011

On Wed, 12 Jan 2011, Allan Hansen wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I run Mailman 2.1.13 under Mac OS X Server 10.5.8. The mail delivery works
> fine (so far), but some of my subscribers insist that they are not getting
> the password reminders. One uses Google Mail, another Earthlink, so it's
> not provider specific. They assure me that the password reminder is not in
> their spam folder. The lists have password reminders turned on and the
> users have password reminders turned on. For the users that complain, I
> don't have bounces resulting from the reminders. Other users of the same
> lists get password reminders just fine.

First, determine if it's actually your problem and if so, is it a Mailman
problem or someplace else on your system. look at your mail server logs
and see if the message went out. If the password reminder message is being
accepted by their provider, then it is not your problem.

If you don't see it being accepted, then determine where things are
failing on your system. Is Mailman giving it to the mail server (Postfix
on a Macintosh)? Once Postfix has it, Mailman has done its job.

-- Larry Stone
    lstone19 at stonejongleux.com