[Mailman-Users] Migration of Mailman from Slackware to RHEL

Dwayne.Miller at nc4.us Dwayne.Miller at nc4.us
Thu Feb 10 15:43:17 CET 2011

I'm forced to migrate an instance of Mailman (v2.1.8) from a Slackware
distro (Mailman was locally compiled) to a RHEL6 with Mailman (v2.1.12)
installed via RPM.  The directory structures for Mailman on these two
servers are completely different.  The Slackware system seems to have all
of Mailman in the /usr/local/Mailman directory.  The RHEL system seems to
have put Mailman in several folders.

My goal is to take the Slackware system off-line, move all of the Mailman
data to the RHEL system, make sure the Mailman configuration is good, then
bring the RHEL system on-line.  I'm very new to Mailman.

Thanks,
Dwayne

Disclaimer: This message is intended only for the use of the individual or
entity to
which it is addressed and may contain information which is privileged,
confidential, proprietary,
or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the
intended recipient or the person
responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are
strictly prohibited from
disclosing, distributing, copying, or in any way using this message. If
you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender and destroy and delete
any copies you may have
received.