[Mailman-Users] Missing emails

Mailman Admin mailman-admin at uni-konstanz.de
Tue Feb 8 16:36:15 CET 2011

Hello Mike

On 02/08/2011 02:35 PM, Mike McFall wrote:
> I have people on my list that seem to get some emails that are sent
> out, but not others.  Anyone know why this might be?

Yes, of course we do.

Sorry, couldn't resist.  ;-)

There are multiple possibilities.
A) There are limits defined by each email provider (e.g. max size, max
number of recipients). So if you send an email to multiple providers
some will get through and others won't, depending on these limits.
B) Spam filtering is done by each provider on it's own. The same email
will be passed on by some and dropped by others.
C) Perhaps you have a misconfigured smtp server which delivers emails
only to some domains.
D) Perhaps there was an temporary network failure. This will lead to
delayed delivery of emails.

In order to check these, you should look into your smtp server log.

Kind regards,
Christian Mack