[Mailman-Users] upgrading list and other data from 2.1.9 to2.1.14

Ivan Fetch ifetch at du.edu
Fri Feb 4 04:00:00 CET 2011

Hello,

On Thu, 3 Feb 2011, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> That is correct, but there may be timing issues. Are you changing DNS
> or physically reassigning the IP address to the new box.
>
> If you're changing DNS, I'd start now and give all the relevant DNS
> entries a 5 minute or less TTL, so you don't have to worry about old
> DNS for more than 5 minutes.

Thanks for thinking about / covering all of these aspects. The IP will
move to the new box.

> If you're not going to sync qfiles, you need to make sure that all
> queues are empty on the old box. Maybe wait for a quiet moment when
> queues are empty and stop the MTA.

    I was planning to sync qfiles also (now that you mention it). Looking
at our current qfiles, some of them have files which look like they should
be deleted:

Bounces: 260 (all .bak, but one .tmp)
Shunt: 145 .pck

    Should I kill the files in bounces, and run unshunt on files in shunt
which are not terribly old?

Thanks for your time,

Ivan.