[Mailman-Users] Missing archives and deleting archive messages.

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Dec 19 23:06:15 CET 2011

JRC Groups wrote:

>Question 1:
>
>Two (2) out of the five lists I created on my Mac OS X server are not
>displaying their archives. I get as far as the default Mailman subscription
>page for these two lists but once I click on the link on top of the page
>that should go to the list's archives I get a blank browser page stating
>"Safari can't find the server" (I'm on a Mac). On the next line it states
>the following:
>
>Safari can't open the page "http://domain.com/mailman/private/listname/"
>because Safari can't find the server "domain.com".

Is the host name (domain.com) the same as the host name in the URL of
the listinfo page you went to? If so, this is a Safari or Mac OS issue
of some kind. If not, the list's web_page_url attribute is wrong and
you need to run fix_url to fix it. See the FAQ at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/mIA9>.

See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/2YA9>.