[Mailman-Users] Deleting old msgs?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Dec 3 00:25:08 CET 2011

Frank Bell wrote:

>Is there any easier way? I just took over our mailman server and we have
>several years worth of messages in 190+ mboxs totaling approx 130 gig
>and a few 100K msgs.

You inspired me. I've created a script for pruning archives. See "NOTE
ON PRUNING OLD MESSAGES:" in the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/2YA9>
for links.

Since this is a brand new process, I suggest you make backup copies of
the LISTNAME.mbox files before starting. The script has a --backup
option, but I would make separate backups to be sure until you've run
the script successfully.