[Mailman-Users] Subscription without confirmation or approval.

Jack Barnes jbarnes at ccsuvt.org
Thu Aug 25 21:54:42 CEST 2011

We want to have users subscribe to a list but we don't want to require
approval or confirmation.  Under privacy options there isn't an option for
this.  These lists are outgoing only for the most part, and these are lists
for school classes so we don't expect to have strangers subscribing.   Is
there a way to override the privicy options?

If not, is there a way to edit the confirmation and remove the reply option
so they are forced to go to the confirmation url?

Thanks,

Jack W. Barnes, CNE
Head Network Administrator
CCSU
jbarnes at ccsuvt.org
Office 802-857-7000
Ext. 1039
Cell 802-318-0976
Fax 802-879-8197

The information contained in this communication, including any attachments,
is confidential,constitutes privileged communication, and is intended only for the use of the addressee.
This message may not be forwarded without prior consent from the sender.
The information in this e-mail is also protected by the rights afforded under Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
and school district policies.
Any unauthorized use, forwarding, distribution,disclosure, printing or copying is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately at 802-857-7000 x1234
or return e-mail,and delete any copies of this message immediately.
Any inadvertent disclosure of this communication shall not compromise the confidential nature of the communication.