[Mailman-Users] Subscribers accessing private list archives

Prietz, Ian ianprietz at usf.edu
Fri Aug 19 15:36:44 CEST 2011

Hi,

I help manage a series of mailing lists. It is currently configured for me to manually subscribe users. We do not offer the subscribers the opportunity to manage their own subscription...they are required to be a part of this list. We do not have passwords setup for subscribers, so they do not have to do the periodic password updates.

I also have the lists setup to privately archive.

I am looking for a way to give subscribers a generic password that would authenticate them to be able to view the archives (so they can revisit any past messages). Note, I do not want them to be able to access their subscriber settings to be able to unsubscribe themselves. I would almost like to just have everyone be given a generic password (that I could give out upon request), so they can view the private archives. That's all.

Any ideas? Our Mailman access is restricted just to accessing our mailing lists administration pages on the web. Our service is hosted...I do not have direct access to the server.

Thanks,

Ian