[Mailman-Users] qfiles/bad is full of files...how do I find out why?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Apr 23 19:28:07 CEST 2011

Dennis Carr wrote:

>I just discovered that there are hundreds of files in qfiles/bad for some
>reason.  The manual tells me nothing, except some basic installation
>troubleshooting.  So this raises a few questions:
>
>1) Any ideas as to what causes this?
>2) How do I find out the exact cause?
>3) What is the best way to solve the problem?

For every one of those files, there should be an 'error' log entry
saying most likely, "Skipping and preserving unparseable message:".

These most likely result from malformed spam messages. You can look at
the entries with bin/dumpdb -p.

Other possible but unlikely messages are "SHUNTING FAILED, preserving
original entry:" associated with a traceback, "Unpickling .bak
exception:" and ".bak file max count, preserving file:".