[Mailman-Users] Problem with bounce_matching_headers

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Apr 14 22:35:17 CEST 2011

Richard Damon wrote:

>Doesn't . only match a single character? I use filters more like
>
>Subject: .*remove.*
>
>so the .* matches any number of characters between the Subject header
>and the word.

bounce_matching_headers is different from header_filter_rules. For
header_filter_rules, you might want something like

 ^Subject:.*remove

because the search is against all of the message's headers.

For bounce_matching_headers,

says search the subject header value for the pattern '.remove.' which
ought to succeed unless 'remove is at the very beginning or end of the
header.