[Mailman-Users] Solved - msg file as attachment gets striped out

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Apr 11 05:52:40 CEST 2011

Mark Sapiro wrote:

> rpschwar at knology.net wrote:
>
>>That (message/rfc822) worked for adding the attachment.  However, the From, To and Subject are removed.
>
> I don't know if I understand what you are saying. If you are saying a
> message with an attached message/rfc822 part passed through the list's
> content filtering and all that was left of the attached part was the
> body without the headers, I don't see how that can happen.

It turns out there is a bug in content filtering which I have reported
at <https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/757062> and which see for
more detail. The bug is that if collapse_alternatives is Yes, a
message/rfc822 attachment will lose it's headers if it is a
multipart/alternative message.

This will be fixed in Mailman 2.1.15 and can be avoided by setting
collapse_alternatives to No.