[Mailman-Users] Question about Mailman domain and OS X serverset-up.

JRC Groups joemailgroups at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 08:42:31 CEST 2011

Thanks Brad and Mark for your helpful and detailed replies.

I have reached a point where I have the lists almost working but there are
some issues still preventing the systems from functioning in a way that
allows me to confident to launch these lists I wish to create.

Apple's support has been MIA at best so I have given up and decided to seek
other alternatives. Also, the numerous individuals I have spoken with at
Apple were clearly (1) not interested in making any improvements or fixing
the current issues with the version of Mailman that ships with OS X Server
and (2) didn't know any more about it than I do (which is quite embarrassing
considering they are part of the company's business support department).

I can't imagine that there is anything other than some minor set-up issues
that need to be corrected with my system. After all, I am sending and
receiving e-mails and the lists are functional (to an extent anyway) as they
send and receive messages. However, as I stated above, I don't want to
launch the lists only to attract subscribers and then find out in a short
while that Mailman has stopped working because something with my system
wasn't set-up properly.

I also can't imagine that it would be too difficult to install a new version
of Mailman and manage it using its browser-based interface while ignoring
Apple's System Administrator tool for this specific task.

Brad, since you have this much experience with OS X Server would you be
interested in helping me with my problem ? In case you are, please contact
me off-list so that we can discuss it. I believe you should be able to
connect remotely, right ? In case you are not interested, would you
recommend me someone who is knowledgeable on both OS X Server and Mailman ?
I have contacted numerous Apple consultants but couldn't find a single one
who had any experience with Mailman.

Thanks again for your helpful replies.

Best regards,

Joe