[Mailman-Users] Can't change settings in Web Interface

Oliver Schad oliver.schad at oschad.de
Mon Sep 20 17:40:20 CEST 2010

Am Monday 20 September 2010 schrieb mir Néstor Díaz Valencia:
> Who is serving mailman web interface? apache2?

Yes.

> Have you checked web server logs?

Yes. If I post something, I get a HTTP 302. The redirect points to the
site, where you come from. No error nowhere.

> Have you checked web interface HTML code? (It's ctrl+u in most
> browsers)
>
> Fore example, in general Options web page in my setup I can read this:
> <FORM action="http://somedomain.com/admin/mailman/general"
> method="POST"

I checked this already. And I can see the POST in the web server log.

> Can it be that your mailman forms are sending information to the old
> url?

I don't think so. I've made a dump of the traffic, too. I see the complete
form:

POST /cgi-bin/mailman/admin/club/members?letter=d HTTP/1.1
Host: xxx.com
[Header with Form]

HTTP/1.1 302 Found
[...]
Location: xxx.com/cgi-bin/mailman/admin/club/members?letter=d

Is there a way to split the whole action into two parts. The apache gets
now the requests, the CGIs collect the information from the form and call
something. Can I call this something manually as the apache user to test
where the problem is and how can I do this?

Regards
Oli