[Mailman-Users] Reply to sender and list

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Sep 20 17:39:35 CEST 2010

>The last chance is to patch the sources, modifying the Header Cooker, I
>already tried, but is unclear how it works and I just obtained a mess ;)

The attached patch to CookHeaders.py will do what you want. With the
patch, if the list's first_strip_reply_to is No and the original post
does not contain a Reply-To:, Mailman will add a Reply-To: with the
address from the From: header (or the Sender: header if there is no
From:).

So with the patch if you set first_strip_reply_to to No and also set
reply_goes_to_list to This list, the delivered posts will have