[Mailman-Users] Plus in email address

David Lubkin lubkin at lubkin.net
Sat Sep 4 03:27:06 CEST 2010

Mark Sapiro wrote:

>The subscription request won't appear in the admindb until it is
>confirmed by the user, so everything is consistent within Mailman. The
>problem is the user never received the confirmation request email or
>didn't confirm. Check your MTA logs to see that the confirmation was
>sent.

Bingo. Thanks. The problem has nothing to do with +. His server is
rejecting the email because it doesn't like how my DNS entries are
set up. It was coincidence that the first user with a + in his address
was also the first user from that finicky destination server.

Mail directly from me to him doesn't use the same source domain,
so it didn't hit the server's validation check.

-- David.