[Mailman-Users] Plus in email address

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Sep 4 02:38:48 CEST 2010

David Lubkin wrote:

>Mark Sapiro wrote:
>
>>What Mailman version is this?
>
>2.1.13, running on CentOS. I'm fine with upgrading; I just haven't gotten
>around to it because this is the first hint of a problem.
>
>>By "request appears in the log" do you mean Mailman's vette log? If
>>not, what log and what's the message and what's in Mailman's vette
>>log? What's in Mailman's error log?
>
>In the subscribe log --
>
>timestamp (number) mylist: pending Joe Foo <foo+bar at goo.com> 123.45.67.89
>
>Nothing related to the request appears in the vette or error logs.

The fact that there is a pending entry in the subscribe log and nothing
in the vette log indicates that the lists subscribe_policy is "Confirm
and approve" ans the confirmation to the user was never answered.

Can the user actually receive mail sent to foo+bar at goo.com?

The subscription request won't appear in the admindb until it is
confirmed by the user, so everything is consistent within Mailman. The
problem is the user never received the confirmation request email or
didn't confirm. Check your MTA logs to see that the confirmation was
sent.