[Mailman-Users] Cannot set digest mode via URL

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Sep 1 15:52:19 CEST 2010

W. Curtis Preston wrote:

>I asked my hosting company liquidweb to talk to cpanel.  Liquidweb has
>always given me great support (24x7 I might add), but at this point they are
>at a loss and are as much at the whim of cpanel as I am.
>
>Since they do not appear to distribute the source of Mailman with cpanel (at
>least I can't find it), I have asked Liquidweb to ask cpanel to provide it.
>In addition, I have asked them to explain why a "real" install of Mailman
>can do what I'm asking and there's can't.

Your problem has nothing to do with cPanel. Perhaps the answer got lost
in the noise, but you can find it at
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2010-August/070157.html>.

WRT cPanel source, the most significant mods are their own list
creation process and their mailman router for exim. See
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2010-April/069269.html>

cPanel's mailman installation is at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman
on the cPanel server as noted in our FAQ at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/sYA9>.