[Mailman-Users] An Anonymous, No-reply List

Barry Finkel b19141 at anl.gov
Fri Oct 29 18:03:16 CEST 2010

I have a customer who wants a announce-only list.  She does not want
any replies to the list or to the poster.

In production we are running 2.1.13, and I have 2.1.14 on my test
machine.  We made the list anonymous

     anonymous_list = yes

and the resulting mail from the list has a header line:

so all replies go back to the list.  I tried

     reply_goes_to_list - Explicit address
     reply_to_address: user at example.com

and the resulting mail from the list has a header line:

This results in replies going to both the list and to the explicit
address.  What I want is either

     a) no "Reply-To:" line in the RFC 5322 mail header (With no
        sender info nor reply info, I have no idea the address to which
        an MUA will direct any reply.)
or
     b) Reply-To: user at example.com

Is this possible?  If not, then we will have to set

     member_moderation_action = Reject
     member_moderation_notice = Some polite text - This is an outbound
                                                   list only.

Thanks.
Barry S. Finkel
Building 240, Room 5.B.8             Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov