[Mailman-Users] "Edit public HTML"

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Nov 19 21:17:16 CET 2010

MK wrote:

>This caught my attention because I have added a welcome msg which says
>the list is for announcements only, but this gets added to it in the
>actual mail:
>
>"To post to this list, send your email to:"
>
>Which is contradictory.  The general information page is similarly
>confusing.
>
>No big deal, but I presume "editing the public HTML pages" might
>provide a solution.  Unfortunately, I cannot find this
>option...

On the same General Options page where you added the welcome_msg text
(and other web admin interface pages), at the upper right there should
be a column of "Other Administrative Activities" links. One of these
is "Edit the public HTML pages and text files". Following that link
will take you to a page where you can select and edit "Welcome email
text file".

You can also edit the "General list information page" from there.