[Mailman-Users] "Edit public HTML"

MK halfcountplus at intergate.com
Fri Nov 19 20:56:07 CET 2010

I have a list hosted by sourceforge (meaning I only have the web
interface to use).  The list is set up for announcements only.  In
a reply to a previous post here, someone pointed me to:

http://wiki.list.org/x/3YA9

While I am not using this method, I did notice this part:

"if you don't have write access to Mailman's directories and files,
then you won't be able to create a customized welcome message for your
list. Beginning with Mailman 2.1.6, you can edit the welcome message
via the 'Edit the public HTML pages and text files' link in the web
admin interface."

This caught my attention because I have added a welcome msg which says
the list is for announcements only, but this gets added to it in the
actual mail:

"To post to this list, send your email to:"

Which is contradictory.  The general information page is similarly
confusing.

No big deal, but I presume "editing the public HTML pages" might
provide a solution.  Unfortunately, I cannot find this
option...

Sourceforge uses ver. 2.1.9.

MK

--
"The angel of history[...]is turned toward the past." (Walter Benjamin)