[Mailman-Users] Moving / upgrading Mailman from Solaris to Linux

Ivan Fetch ifetch at du.edu
Wed Nov 10 21:23:17 CET 2010

Hello,

We are planning to move our Mailman installation from Solaris to Linux, and upgrade in the process. I'd love to hear from anyone who has run production Mailman on Linux.

What experiences have list members had with RedHat vs. Ubuntu Mailman packages, vs. compiling Mailman from source?

At this point, even though I prefer to use packages when possible, I am leaning toward compiling Mailman from source because of:
1. Red Hat packages are typically more ancient
2. Ubuntu packages seem to include non-standard patches to Mailman (still sorting this out)

Additionally, has anyone run into problems with Python packages provided by Red Hat and Ubuntu?

Thank you for your time,

Ivan.