[Mailman-Users] Approved message is discarded

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Nov 4 15:12:11 CET 2010

Mark Sapiro wrote:

> Can you send me off list a copy of Mailman/Cgi/admindb.py from your
> system?

I received that. Thank you. Unfortunately, there's nothing there that
helps explain this issue. I can work up a patch to provide debug
logging, but before I do that, is there anything in Mailman's 'error'
log from either the time of the visit to the admindb page or from the
time the held post arrived? If so, what's in the error log. If not, is
it possible that some non-mailman process has removed any of Mailman's
data/heldmsg* files between the holding of the post and the visit to the
admindb page?

Also, it wouldn't hurt to run Mailman's bin/check_perms to see if there
might be permission issues on Mailman's data/ directory.