[Mailman-Users] automating batch cancellation..

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri May 28 20:49:09 CEST 2010

Khalil Abbas wrote:

>now if I changed this cancel at mydomain email to act as a forwarder to the 6 cancellation addresses of the 6 lists, so each incoming email gets distributed to :
>

>list1-leave at mydomain
>
>list2-leave at mydomain
>
>list3-leave at mydomain
>
>list4-leave at mydomain
>
>list5-leave at mydomain
>
>list6-leave at mydomain
>

>will it work this way ??

It will work, but each email to cancel at mydomain will result in 6 emails
back to the sender. One of these will be a request to confirm
unsubscription from the list of which the sender is a member and the
other 5 will be "results of your email commands" messages saying the
sender is not a member of the list.

I suspect that in practice it won't work because the user will be
confused by all the emails and will fail to respond to the one email
that requires response and thus won't be unsubscribed anyway.