[Mailman-Users] Mailman bug or browser behaviour?

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Mon May 24 22:29:25 CEST 2010

Hi,

Reserecting an old thread.

On Sat, 6 Mar 2010, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> Geoff Shang wrote:
>>
>> I've noticed that if I go to pending Moderator requests and approve a
>> message from a particular user, if I leave the resulting page open which
>> says "Click here to reload this page" and another message from that user
>> comes through which requires approval, if I click to reload the page, the
>> message is automatically approved and I'm told there are no pending
>> requests.
>

> I think it is a bug, but I don't think the scenario is exactly as you
> describe.
>
> I think the second message from the same user arrives after you go to
> the pending requests page but before you submit the approval.

No.  I've confirmed this twice int he last week, once just now.  I'd read
the Email copies of the new messages before I refreshed the page, so they
definitely came in before.

> The underlying problem is that the data posted from the summary page
> says "apply the selected action to all messages from this user" rather
> than "apply the selected action to all messages from this user that
> were displayed on the page".

hmmm, doesn't explain why this should be the case if I hit the "Click here
to reload this page" link.  Shouldn't that just refresh the list of
pending tasks without processing anything?

Geoff.