[Mailman-Users] Changing host names, revisited... POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS?

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Tue May 11 12:28:26 CEST 2010

On 2010-05-10 7:20 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> It turns out there was a Bug/Patch at
> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/328907> which is related to
> this. I've fixed that for MM 2.1.14 with the attached patch which
> allows you to specify VIRTUAL_MAILMAN_LOCAL_HOST in mm_cfg.py, and if
> you do, it will be appended to the local addresses in virtual-mailman.

Great! Assuming you meant VIRTUAL_MAILMAN_LOCAL_DOMAIN (that's what the
patch refers to), I have two questions (sorry ;( hopefully these will be
the last on this topic)...

In order to accomplish my goal, of lists working as
listname at example.com, but the local domain in the mail headers showing
as listname at lists.example.com instead of the postfix host name of
listname at smtp.example.com,

1. Would I set

VIRTUAL_MAILMAN_LOCAL_DOMAIN = 'lists'

or

VIRTUAL_MAILMAN_LOCAL_DOMAIN = 'lists.example.com'

Maybe the comments in mm_cfg.py for this option should provide an
example for something other than just plain 'localhost'?

and

2. Does this require any mods to postfix/main.cf?

Thanks again Mark!