[Mailman-Users] Changing host names, revisited... DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Sun May 2 23:47:28 CEST 2010

On 2010-05-02 5:03 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> If you go to the list's listinfo page, what does it say the list posting
> address is? If it says listname at example.com, then either you had
> different settings when you created the list, or you changed the list's
> host_name attribute on the General Options admin page from
> myhost.example.com to example.com.

The list posting address is set to:

listname at myhost.example.com

The host name (in the web options interface) is set to:

myhost.example.com

> then all the email addresses Mailman generates for this list are
> @myhost.example.com. Now they probably work because
>
>>> POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['myhost.example.com']
>
> says generate virtual alias maps for Postfix for any list that has
> host_name myhost.example.com, so if Postfix is configured to use
> Mailman's data/virtual-mailman, mail sent to list addresses
> @myhost.example.com will be properly delivered.
>
> Note that all DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST does is set the default host_name
> attribute for new lists. Once a list is created, it has no effect.

Ok... so, apparently this is slightly broken, but working...?

I would strongly prefer to fix this properly.

Thanks for your help Mark, your courtesy and expertise never cease to
amaze...

--

Charles