[Mailman-Users] Help with setting up listserve?

Dawn, C M Lybrand & Co. Dawn.CMLybrandCo at cfl.rr.com
Thu Mar 25 16:01:54 CET 2010

Hello,

I have extensive experience using a listserve, but I've never been
involved in the technical aspects of setting one up. I have now been
"volunteered" for this task in a non-profit community organization and I
am the only one who has ever even heard of a listserve there, so I got
elected to figure out how to set one up. I assume that I would need some
server space somewhere to do this, but beyond that I get a bit lost.
Could you please point me in the right direction? I'm not a techie, but
I would really like to learn how to do this. Are there free hosts out
there for non-profit community organizations? Is there anyone who might
be willing to help me get started? Our organization is called Canal
Street Historic District -- we are trying to revitalize the downtown of
our small, Florida city. This is no easy task when it's much easier for
developers to simply move west of town and plop down a big box store!

I would greatly appreciate any help you could give me.

Dawn Moore

--
C M Lybrand & Co., LLC

728 Canal Street

New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168-6803

Phone(386) 428-2315

Fax  (386) 426-0335

CIRCULAR 230 DISCLOSURE - To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS, unless specifically indicated otherwise, any tax advice contained in this communication (or in any attachment) was not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (1) avoiding tax related penalties or (2) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any tax related transaction or matter addressed in this communication.

CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION - This communication contains information that may be confidential and privileged. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, printing, or copying of such communication by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply email (or by collect telephone call to 386-428-2315) and delete the communication.