[Mailman-Users] Problem migration mailman

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Mar 25 16:10:14 CET 2010

Ricardo Barbosa wrote:

>I am configuring migrating from one server postfix with courier to a
>server with postfix and dovecot. I'm also trying to migrate the mailman
>who currently works in the postfix server I have the following
>configuration:

courier/dovecot should make no difference:

[...]
>alias_maps = hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases
>
>virtual_alias_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_forwardings.cf,
>mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_email2email.cf,
>hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman
>virtual_mailbox_domains = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_domains.cf
>virtual_mailbox_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_mailboxes.cf
>virtual_transport = dovecot
>virtual_mailbox_base = /mnt/maildir
>virtual_uid_maps = static:1001
>virtual_gid_maps = static:1001

Did this configuration work on the old server? It appears to be missing

virtual_alias_domains for the Mailman domains.

>I copied the directories of the mailman date, archives and lists the
>current server to the new facility and issued the following commands
>
># cd /var/lib/mailman
># bin/genaliases
># bin/withlist -a -l -r fix_url

If you have multiple virtual hosts, the above withlist/fix_url is not
appropriate as it will put every list in the
DEFAULT_URL_HOST/DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST domain. Also, whatever fix_url is
necessary needs to be done before genaliases.

>with that lists the current server appear in the web interface and
>command execution "bin/list_lists" but when I try to send an email to
>the list in the logs of postfix and get a bounce message "user unknown"

If you need more help, post the contents of mm_cfg.py.