[Mailman-Users] Problem sending one email to multiple lists

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Mar 25 15:28:32 CET 2010

Heather Masterson wrote:

>The mail server logs show the initial email going out to both list
>addresses so I'm not sure why one is being "dropped" after reaching
>mailman.   I experimented with the Mailman Privacy Options | Recipient
>Filters and set "Must posts have list named in destination (to, cc)
>field (or be among the acceptable alias names, specified below)? " to No
>for both of my test lists, but this didn't help resolve the issue.
><http://lists.geekchk.com/cgi-bin/mailman/admin/test2-list/?VARHELP=privacy/recipient/require_explicit_destination>
>I'd really appreciate any suggestions!

require_explicit_destination only comes into play if the list not in
To: or Cc: which is not the case here. Have you tried putting both
list addresses in To:? I assume you've checked and the message is not
held for approval by the Cc: list.

Based on your description, I think this must be a new Plesk Mailman
feature or bug. Please see the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/tIA9>.

You might also check Mailman's vette log to see if anything is logged
about these messages.